Other than the schedule and cellphone numbers, here is the rest of the newsletter that was sent out today:
FBAC HAS NOW EXPANDED
Our efforts to expand to the entire neighborhood have happened. As of November 15th FBAC South officially starts. Thanks to all those who responded so quickly to get this up and rolling.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?
- FBAC will (for now) be funded and operated as two separate entities: FBAC North and FBAC South
- As far as patrolling, FBAC North officers will patrol the northern zone and FBAC South officers will patrol the southern zone (see map below)
- As far as responding to calls from members, officers from both zones will respond to calls from either zone. This means that in the North, we now have roughly double the hours of coverage in which an officer can respond to a call, as compared to before 11/15/10.
WHO TO CALL (OR EMAIL) AND WHEN
IN AN EMERGENCY OR TIME-SENSITIVE SUSPICIOUS SITUATION
In such cases:
- Always call 911 first
- If there is a patrol team shown on duty in the above schedule – call them. Both the North and South patrol teams will respond to calls from members throughout Virginia Highland.
- Let the officers know of the problem and where you live
- They will come right to your house
- DON'T HESITATE TO CALL OUR OFFICERS.
- IT'S BETTER TO CALL TOO MANY TIMES THAN NOT ENOUGH.
- THIS SYSTEM WORKS ONLY DURING THE HOURS THAT OUR OFFICERS ARE WORKING.
NON EMERGENCY SITUATIONS
Examples of such situations:
- If you want to inform our officers that you’ll be out of town so they can keep an extra eye on your property
- If you would like an officer to check out a security “situation” which is not time-sensitive – just a generally suspicious situation
You can either:
- call the number for your zone (cellphone numbers are sent to you in the monthly newsletter by email only)
- email them (email address is sent to you in the monthly newsletter by email only)
FBAC on FACEBOOK
FBAC is now on Facebook! You can get alerts from FBAC on your Facebook “News Feed” page:
1. Go to http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fight-Back-Against-Crime-FBAC-Virginia-Highland/122160614471845
2. Click on the "Like" button. That’s it, now news items from FBAC will appear in your Facebook “News Feed” page.
CONTINUE TO ENCOURAGE YOUR NEIGHBORS TO JOIN…
Please continue to market FBAC and remember to pass on our website link www.fbacvahi.com to neighbors and friends in the FBAC area. It would be wonderful if we could have enough neighbors join to expand each coverage area to 7 days a week.
THANKS TO ALL OUR MEMBERS AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO…..
FBAC Platinum sponsor: Atkins Park Restaurant
FBAC Gold sponsor: Diesel Filling Station
See a list of member businesses at www.fbacvahi.com
Post a Comment
Comments will be posted after moderation.